On April 1, We kicked off the #RoyalBlueForAutismAwareness
campaign with the stats that we are working with. So here is what we called our FIRST DAY FACTS:
- 1 in 68 children are currently diagnosed on the #autism spectrum.
- By gender, it is broken down as 1 in 42 boys, 1 in 189 girls.
- Black/Latino boys are diagnosed as late as 2.5 years later that White boys.
- Girls (all ethnicities) are diagnosed the latest.
- In California, 10% of pediatrician are equipped to provide Autism assessments in Spanish.